Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gym Review: Thriv

I joined a gym today.  Joining a gym is a big risk to me just because I normally hate gyms.  It wasn't until recently that I learned to appreciate them and love them.  Plus I know that I have previously talked about not needing a gym.  The gym will never replace my bike or my love of doing things the traditional way (for example, taking a bike ride instead of a spin class)  Plus, this membership is attached to a 1 year contract.  To me there's the added risk of something happening and I'm going to waste money each month by not going.
I was originally planning on taking a tour and doing a test day at this gym and the other gym with a daycare.  I was going to review both gyms for you.  But, I really liked this gym so I decided to sign up instead of checking out the other one.  [Plus I didn't have to pay a signup fee if I joined today]  I'm super excited because this means that I can spend more time exercising.  Maybe I can actually gain that 4 pounds of muscle my trainer says I need to gain.  I have still decided to include my review.  Obviously I liked it enough to join but, I just wanted you to hear why I love it so much. 


Name:
Thriv Fitness Center
Address:
3 Commerce Blvd, Palm Coast, FL
Phone:
(386)446-7462
Hours:
Mon-Friday  5:30am-9:00pm
Saturday  8:00am-4:00pm
Sunday  9:00am-3pm 

Membership Prices:  Depending on which plan you choose it can be as low as $25 or as high as $45


Staff:  They are great.  I met the owner.  She's really nice and helpful.  I was amazed when they acknowledge Sunny before they said anything to me when I first walked through the door.  The staff in the daycare was great too.   

Cleanliness:  It was very clean.

Equipment:  Some is a bit outdated but they have a good variety and I didn't have to wait for anything. 

Amenities:  Daycare, lockers, a wide variety of classes and they also offer personal training

Classes:  Too many to count!  But, the ones I want to try are TRX, hot yoga and spinning

Other gym-goers:  These are some bad-ass people.  [In a good way]  At the school gym I am a very confident person.  But here, MAN do I feel out of my league.  But in a way I like that.  I like being pushed to get better [I'm slightly competitive]  

No comments:

Post a Comment