Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ending

I've decided to end my diet challenge.  There were a couple factors that led me to this decision.   The first one is that Gramma and Sirr (my mom and dad) are coming into town next week and the menu I have planned will not go over well with them.  The more important reason is that I have realized that I've already found my perfect diet.  It's honestly a combination of the first 3 weeks that I've done.  

What is my perfect diet?
  • Lots of fruits and veggies
  • No white potatoes, white rice or white flour
  • Very little processed food
  • Fish and seafood only 
  • No milk
 But I'm sticking to my planned menu until they get here.  This week is still a vegan week.  Tonite was chili.  I love this recipe.    I hope you do too!  


3 Bean Chili
adapted from Cook This, Not That!


1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup chili powder
2 bay leaves
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 piece (1 oz) dark chocolate or 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 bottle or can (12 oz) dark beer
1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes
1 can (14 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained 
1 can (14 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
  1. Sautee the onions and garlic in a dutch oven or large pot until soft
  2. Mix in spices and tomato paste
  3. Crush the tomatoes between you fingers, add them to the pot along with the other liquids and heat until boiling
  4. Put in the beans and simmer for 15 minutes.

If you want you can top this with some fat free cheese and diced onions.  (That's how I eat mine)  

How do you feel about chili?

No comments:

Post a Comment