What is my perfect diet?
- Lots of fruits and veggies
- No white potatoes, white rice or white flour
- Very little processed food
- Fish and seafood only
- No milk
3 Bean Chili
adapted from Cook This, Not That!
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup chili powder
2 bay leaves
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 piece (1 oz) dark chocolate or 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 bottle or can (12 oz) dark beer
1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes
1 can (14 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Sautee the onions and garlic in a dutch oven or large pot until soft
- Mix in spices and tomato paste
- Crush the tomatoes between you fingers, add them to the pot along with the other liquids and heat until boiling
- Put in the beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
If you want you can top this with some fat free cheese and diced onions. (That's how I eat mine)
How do you feel about chili?