Monday, October 8, 2012

Fat Girl Mentality and a Life Long Ago


The photo that Mr. Amazing handed me...
The other day Mr. Amazing up to me and handed me a photo.

Mr. Amazing:  Who is that?
Me:  Ugh!
Mr. Amazing:  You were cute!
Me:  I was like 15.  I was HUGE!!
Mr. Amazing:  I would love you even if you were still that big.

Honestly, it was hard to look at those pictures.  The girl in those photos was happy, yet miserable.  I viewed myself as nothing because I wasn't thin and pretty like all the other girls.

Looking at those pictures today made me realize how much I've changed and how much my way of thinking has changed.

These days when I see a woman who's got a better body than I do.
15 year old me: "Why can't I be like her?"
Today me:  "How can I look like that?"

But honestly the only women I really say that about are the professional fitness models that I follow on Facebook.  When I look at them here's what each of the mes would say:
15 year old me:  "I'll never look like that"
Today me:  "I'll look like that before I'm 31"
You read correct.  By my 31st birthday I will have a fitness model body.  It would be my 30th but I plan on having another baby in the next couple years so I know that 30 is out of the question.

I wasn't expecting this post to be as mentally freeing as it was.  



Here's another one from when I was 11


Prompt:  If you had the superpower to know what everyone was thinking (but not saying) would you use it?
Answer:  Possibly.  I think it would be awesome but at the same time some things are better left unsaid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment