Sunday, October 21, 2012

Plum Nectarine Cobbler

Obviously it didn't last very long
Isn't that pretty?  I'm trying to make some interesting fruit based desserts.  I'm tired of my sauteed fruit with cinnamon, Marshmallow Fluff and chocolate chips.  Today I made cobbler.  I'm going to try every fruit combination that I can think up (or at least like.) 

I had some plums and nectarines that I needed to use up so, in they went!  But like I said before, you can use whatever fruit you'd like. 

Plums and Nectarines have some amazing health benefits.  Plums are filled with Vitamins A,C and K;  loaded with antioxidants, they help absorb iron, and help your eyesight.  Nectarines have Vitamins A and C; they contain natural antioxidants, they support healthy eyes and skin; and are packed with beta-carotene.  

So you can justify eating this by knowing you're benefiting your health at the same time.   



Plum Nectarine Cobbler
adapted from The Pioneer Woman

6 plums and nectarines (I used 3 of each)
1/4 - 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you'd like it)
1 cup light soy milk (any dairy-free milk will do)
1 cup flour

  1. Cut up your fruit into small chunks. 
  2. In a separate bowl mix together flour, sugar and soy milk.
  3. Spray an 8 or 9 inch square or round pan with cooking spray.
  4. Pour in wet mixture.  Place fruit on top
  5. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes until set and golden brown.

I've already got 5 or 6 other cobbler combinations in my head.  Next time I think I will try the crumbly topping instead of the cake-y topping.  

 What's your favorite cobbler?  Do you prefer the cake topping or the crumble topping?

No comments:

Post a Comment