|Obviously it didn't last very long|
I had some plums and nectarines that I needed to use up so, in they went! But like I said before, you can use whatever fruit you'd like.
Plums and Nectarines have some amazing health benefits. Plums are filled with Vitamins A,C and K; loaded with antioxidants, they help absorb iron, and help your eyesight. Nectarines have Vitamins A and C; they contain natural antioxidants, they support healthy eyes and skin; and are packed with beta-carotene.
So you can justify eating this by knowing you're benefiting your health at the same time.
Plum Nectarine Cobbler
adapted from The Pioneer Woman
6 plums and nectarines (I used 3 of each)
1/4 - 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you'd like it)
1 cup light soy milk (any dairy-free milk will do)
1 cup flour
- Cut up your fruit into small chunks.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, sugar and soy milk.
- Spray an 8 or 9 inch square or round pan with cooking spray.
- Pour in wet mixture. Place fruit on top
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes until set and golden brown.
I've already got 5 or 6 other cobbler combinations in my head. Next time I think I will try the crumbly topping instead of the cake-y topping.
What's your favorite cobbler? Do you prefer the cake topping or the crumble topping?