Monday, October 1, 2012

Vegetarian Hash

The only thing that has gone right today was my diet.  Breakfast was a banana and soy milk.  Lunch was a banana and and my 2 snacks were grapes.  

This morning I did a "Brazilian Butt" workout and walked the girls to the bus stop.  This evening I went for a 3 mile walk.  

Dinner was awesome.  Mr. Amazing made Vegetarian Hash.  I hadn't had acorn squash before this.  I was surprised at how good it was.  I adapted it from Clean Eating Mag


Vegetarian Hash

Ingredients 1.5 lbs red potatoes, quartered
1 onion, sliced
1 medium acorn squash
1 T dried rosemary
2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
2 bell peppers, any color
1 T lemon juice


Directions
  1. Heat oven to 425.
  2. Put the potatoes and squash on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with rosemary and mist with cooking spray.  Bake for 25 minutes.
  3. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and saute broccoli and onions with garlic.  Add the potatoes and squash and saute for 5 minutes until heated thru
  4. Add lemon juice and heat again

It was amazing.  I would just like to say I ADORE my husband's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment