Sunday, August 26, 2012

Birthday Parties and "Real" Dinners

Have you ever tried being on a diet at a kids birthday party?  

Hard isn't it??? Nearly impossible right?




Sometimes I manage to amaze myself.  My neighbor's son's birthday party was yesterday.  (It was super cute!  It was a super-hero party.  Goto the bottom of the page for a really awesome idea)  She served lunch.  There were sandwiches, cheese puffs, pretzels, goldfish and candy.  I only ate 2 oranges out of everything yummy that they had to offer.  Every time I got the urge to munch I grabbed an orange.  I'm not going to lie though I stole a bite of Baye's cupcake (cake only) and licked some stray frosting off my fingers.  Other than that I didn't even have anything else.  Not even 1 tiny M&M (which was staring at me half the party saying "eat me, eat me!")  

I'm learning more about self-control all the time.  Maybe I can get to the point where I can go without sugar altogether!  (Hey a girl can dream can't she?)  I've been pretty good recently about desserts.  A piece of stone fruit and a 1/4 cup of marshmallow fluff.  

But back to the party, by the time we got home I was STARVING.  So for dinner we had cereal.  I didn't feel like making a "real meal".  This is the conversation that took place between Mo and I when she found out I was making cereal for dinner:
Mo -- Are we having a real dinner tomorrow?
Me -- What's wrong with tonite's dinner?
Mo -- It's just not the kind of dinner that we normally have.  Are you actually cooking tomorrow?
Me -- Yes I'm actually cooking a "real dinner" tomorrow.  

Who knew that my kids were so accustomed to having real homemade dinners.

How do your kids react to non-homemade dinners like cereal?  Do you ever eat a dinner like that?


Final thought:  How cute is this idea?
Please pardon the 2 mismatch floaties.  One ran away before the party

Capes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment