Friday, August 17, 2012

Get Up and Go No Mo'

I realized today that I've lost something very important.  

I've lost my motivation.  There isn't one ounce of motivation left in me.  I don't have the drive anymore.  I don't want to even look at my workout clothes.  

But, I also found something. 

I found that my pants don't fit.  I also found that I'm miserable.  Plain and simple.  My motivation ran away with my happiness.  

I want to find my motivation again.  I want to be able to reward myself for my efforts.  What you don't reward yourself?  I always have the same reward in place for hitting my goals.  

This is what I reward myself with:


Yep, that's right, Starbucks.  A nice big Mocha Frappuccino.  I don't go COMPLETELY crazy.  I get it with Nonfat milk and no whipped cream.  So, it's still not as unhealthy as it could be.  I'm not a complete snob.  I will treat myself to Starbucks OR Dunkin Donuts.  

All I wanted was to earn my coffee before my first day of class.  Is that too much to ask?  
What about you?  How do you reward yourself?

I found something else though.  I found A really great whole-family meal.  

I made Shrimp Packets.  Yes, you heard me right.  Shrimp. Packets.  It's simple, quick and customizable.  I divided the shrimp among the 4 of us (Baye doesn't like shrimp yet), gave everybody some tinfoil and let them put whatever they wanted on their shrimp.  Here's how simple it is.

All you need is 1-3 pounds of shrimp and whatever add-ins, seasonings and spices your family likes.  This is what I put on the table:

Old Bay
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Minced Garlic
Slice Garlic
Butter
Pesto
Diced onion
Gochajang (Korean red pepper paste)
Chile Garlic Sauce
Pepper 
Salt 
Vegetable broth (I was kicking myself for not getting around to making seafood stock)


Heat the oven to 450 degrees and place shrimp and seasonings in a piece of tinfoil.  Fold tinfoil over shrimp and seal.  Bake for 15-25 minutes until the shrimp is done. 

Examples--
Kay used:  Olive oil, pesto, garlic, broth
Mo used:   Pesto, garlic, lemon juice, Old Bay
Mr. Amazing used:  Olive oil, Old Bay, butter, lemon juice
I used:  Lemon juice, broth, onions, sliced garlic, minced garlic, and some of the liquid from the bottle of garlic 

Serve with some rice and vegetables or even over some pasta and BINGO!  A dinner the whole family will love!! Prompt:  Do you have dessert every night?
Answer:  Depends on what you consider "dessert."  If you ask me then yes I do.  But I consider dessert a nectarine with a few tablespoons of marshmallow fluff or maple syrup for sweetness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment