Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lots of Recipes

Today is W.I.A.W!  And surprise, surprise I actually remembered to photograph everything I ate!!  

Breakfast

A banana with Light Vanilla Soymilk and PB2


Morning Snack

As you know I don't normally eat snacks but I wanted to make some healthy granola to add to my morning banana milk.  This is a super simple recipe.  It's lowfat (depending on what you put into it) and it tastes awesome!

Banana Granola
2 1/2 c oats
1 c mashed banana (I used 2 medium)
1/3 c sugar-free maple syrup (or any liquid sweetner you like)
1/4 c honey 
2 T cinnamon
(I added 1 1/2 T PB2 but I can't taste it at all so I won't be using it next time)
up to 2 cups of your favorite mix-ins (nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc)


  1. Stir together banana, syrup, honey and cinnamon
  2. Add in oats and mix-ins
  3. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet
  4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes
  5. Cool and then either crumble or slice into bars
Store in an airtight container or in the fridge.

I made 15 single serving portions.  This was exactly 1 handful (I didn't care about exact measurements.)  The calories came out to 90 and the fat was 1g.  
I can't wait until tomorrow to try it with milk!

Lunch


My favorite snack.  Popcorn with spray butter and sprinkled with ranch dressing powder.

Dinner

Korean Fist Rice.  I found this recipe from Vegan 8 Korean.  I didn't pay 100% attention to measurements.  So, it didn't turn into balls like it was supposed to.  But, it was delicious.  

Dessert
Unfortunately I didn't photograph my dessert.  I made Affagado.  It's a cup of coffee with a scoop of ice cream in it.  I like to make my instant coffee decadent by using soymilk instead of water.  It also saves me from adding the milk to it.  

NaBloPoMo Prompt (The theme this month is Sweet):  Talk about a memory tied to a certain candy, especially if it involves another person or a place.

Answer:  As I told you yesterday chocolate covered cherries are my absolute favorite candy of all time.  I received a box of those for Christmas for over 15 years.  Until Christmas 2011.  Since I was dealing with my gallbladder issues I couldn't eat chocolate.  I don't know why but it just depressed me to not get them even though I knew there was a good reason.  

Is there a candy that holds a special spot in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment