Sunday, August 5, 2012

Stacked Deck

Don't you hate testing?  I know I do.  I love product testing though (hint, hint.)  

Yesterday I changed up my workout AGAIN.  I've been searching for the quickest, most effective at home workout that I can do before I wake the girls up for school.  So yesterday and today I started doing a card workout.  This is a great workout that's versitile and portable.
Source: Wikipedia
All you need is a deck of cards and some space.  Assign a different exercise to each suit.
Mine were:

Hearts -- Burpees
Diamonds -- Jumping Jacks
Spades -- Crunches
Clubs -- Mountain Climbers

Shuffle the cards and place them face down.  Flip them over one at a time.  The number on the card represents the reps.  So, a 4 of hearts would be 4 burpees.

The number cards are their own value and then there's a few different ways you can do the face cards.  You can either have all the face cards stand for 10 reps and the Ace stands for 11 or Jack = 11, Queen = 12, King = 13, and Ace = 14.  The first way of counting will give you 96 reps of every move where the second way will give you 105 reps for every move.

Don't rest between exercises except to flip over the next card.  It took me about 20 minutes to finish the whole deck.  At the end my body was hurting and I felt like I got an awesome burn.  

And because I had an awesome workout, I decided to treat myself to an awesome dinner.  I made Dutch Babies.  I was wishing I had made more though.  

Doesn't that look yummy?
Really simple recipe that I have a feeling I've already shared with you.  

1 cup of egg substitute (or 4 eggs)
1 cup of skim milk
1 cup of flour

Heat a 3-4 quart baking dish that's been sprayed with pan spray in a 425 degree oven.  Let it get hot while you combine all the ingredients in a blender.  Take the pan out and pour in the batter.  Bake for about 25-35 minutes until the dutch baby is crispy and brown.  Cut it and eat.  Simple!  


Do you have a favorite, tried and true at home workout?  What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment