Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gotta Love Combos

My prompt for the day was if I like my coffee sweetened or black....

I guess I should have saved my exciting coffee earning news for today.  It would have gone perfectly with my prompt.  But honestly I detest black coffee.  Black coffee only has 1 place in my world...in desserts.  Mmmm, mocha desserts.  

Back on track KT!
Okay, anyway, I like my coffee so loaded up with sugar and/or flavorings that it's not funny.  As my mom used to tell me, "you like a little coffee with your sugar and milk."  You know what I made for the girls that would go perfectly with coffee?  Flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (Thank you Martha Stewart!)


1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350.  Mix ingredients together in a bowl.  
2. Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.  
3. Bake until golden brown 12-15 minutes.


Peanut butter and chocolate, what's a better combo???

I'll tell you what an awesome non-sweet combo is.  Mushrooms and onions.  And what do you do with mushrooms and onions?  MAKE VEGAN/VEGETARIAN CHEESESTEAKS!!!

2 lbs mushrooms
2 large onions
Cheese and toppings of your choice
Hoagie Rolls

Directions

  1. Slice mushrooms and onions thin
  2. Saute onions and mushrooms until soft 
  3. Top with cheese
  4. Place on roll with your favorite cheesesteak toppings
  5. ENJOY!
This can be vegan depending on the cheese, rolls and toppings you add.  I think Mr. Amazing was surprised at how good these were.  They are definately going on our monthly  menu rotations.

I'm trying to think of other combinations that I enjoy.  What's your favorite combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment