Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Have I ever told you how I feel about my house?  

No?

Well, today I will thanks to my NaBloPoMo prompt for today.

This is my house:






















I love my house.  It's awesome and perfect for our family right now.

We moved into this house in June 2010.  Until this house we moved around every year.  We are finally content here.   We live .5 miles from the beach, the pool is located right next to the beach.  It's perfection in my opinion.  We have a fenced yard where the kids can play (even though they prefer to play in the driveway), and the dogs can run ( they have still found spots to escape from though).  My girls have found best friends in the community, and our neighbors have become our friends.        

My house isn't just a house or a home.  It is sooooo much more to me. It is a gym, an office, a restaurant, a daycare, a tutoring center, a playground, a movie theater and a million other things.  

How can it be so many different things?

A gym -- My morning workouts are done in my living room in the fall and on the beach in the summer.  I've lost .25 inches thanks to my gym.

An office -- I run all my business stuff from my laptop in my living room.  

A restaurant -- As you know going out isn't easy for me.  So, whenever I want a special meal I whip it up in my kitchen.  

A daycare -- There is normally atleast one kid in my house that doesn't belong to me.  

A tutoring center -- Anyone with kids knows that helping kids with homework is a parental duty

A playground -- Yet again, when you have a toddler the whole house becomes a playground

A movie theater -- Going to the movies is expensive!  Waiting for them to come out on Netflix is a MUCH cheaper option when you have a family of 5.

I'm not saying my  house is the picture of perfection.  There are things I'd change about it, and it's often messy but, I love it.  I wouldn't give it up for the world.  

Finally I leave you with this quote:

"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."  --Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment