Thursday, August 2, 2012

My New Love

Having a blast!


Paddleboarding, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...

1.  It was a TON of fun!  

2.  It was a GREAT workout.
After being on the water for 10 minutes I could already feel my legs starting to work.  I'm not sore yet but I'll let you know in the morning.  I've read that you can burn anywhere from 400 - 1000 calories an hour paddleboarding.  I really wish I knew what I burned yesterday.  

3.  You get to be on the water.
I personally believe that in my past life I was a fish...or a dolphin.  I love anything and everything that has to do with the water.  I could be on the water 24 hours a day.    This is a perfect connection with the water and nature.  


I think I'm basically split between kayaking and paddleboarding for my top love.  Paddleboarding is 100% my new favorite love.  I have been wanting to do it for about a year now.  Due to a broken toe then life in general stopping me from going it took me 11 months to get to do it.    

We rented our boards at the same place I took Mr. Amazing, the girls and my dad.  I love, LOve, LOVE this place.  Tropical Kayaks is located on the water in Palm Coast.  They are excellent.  Nicely priced too.  $20 per person for 2 hours.  I think I raved about them in my previous post about kayaking.  

My sister came and did it with me.  We had a blast!  We paddled around for almost 2 hours and neither of us fell in.  Both of us were expecting to.  The fish were jumping, the birds were flying around, it was a bright, sunny, warm (read:HOT) day with a nice breeze.  We talked and joked around the whole time.  It was really nice to get to spend time with her without having 3 little girls interrupting every 10 minutes to ask a question or show off for their aunt.

My sister paddling along
We've decided to make this a twice a month outting.  I've even convinced Mr. Amazing to allow me to buy a wetsuit so I can go all winter.

What's your favorite sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment