Monday, August 6, 2012

Simple Things: A to Z

I saw this done on a few other bloggers' sites so I decided to give it a whirl.  For each letter of the alphabet I'm going to name a simple thing in life that makes me happy.

A:  Arts & Crafts -- I love to do arts and crafts.  I don't do them often enough.  I think I'm going to find a bunch of arts and crafts to do for each holiday starting with Halloween.  

B:  Beach -- I love the beach!  It makes me calm.  It makes me tan.  It gives me peace.  I love it.  I could spend all day at the beach.  Give me an adult to talk to, a lot of water and a nice sunny day and I'm all set.


C:  Cooking -- I love to cook.  I'm always thinking about the next month's menu and finding new, interesting things to make.

D:  Daises -- My favorite flower.  It's so simple, yet beautiful.  My bouquet and all the flowers at my wedding were daisies.  I would fill my house and yard with daisies if I could.

E:  Exercise -- If I don't get my daily exercise I feel incomplete.  I don't care where I am or who's around I always sneak it in.

F:  Family -- These people hold my heart.  This includes Kay, Mo, Baye, Mr. Amazing, my mom, my dad, my sister and my extended family.  

G:  Grocery Stores -- Would you believe that my favorite store to shop in is the grocery store?  Well, believe it because it's true.  I adore grocery shopping.  When I go somewhere that has a specialty store like Whole Foods or a Publix Greenwise Market I always stop in.  
  
H:  Hippos -- They're my favorite animal.  I think I was a hippo in my previous life

I:  Independence Day -- My anniversary and fireworks.  'Nuff said!

J:  Jam -- Jam, Jelly, Preserves (I know that doesn't start with J) I can eat it by the spoonful.  Doesn't matter what flavor, I ADORE IT!

K: Kindle -- My parents gave me a Kindle for my birthday.  I love it.  Currently I'm reading Engine 2 Diet and Memoirs of a Geisha (my all-time favorite book.)

L: Learning -- I feel like such a nerd by using that as my L but I really love to learn new things.

M:  Marilyn Monroe -- She's such an icon.  I have seen all of her movies at least 10 times.  

N:  Nikki -- My best friend.  Over the past 7 years this girl has gotten into trouble with me, given me a shoulder to cry on more times than I can count and has listened to me bitch about my weight.  She and I text back and forth all day every day.  We now live 1000 miles away from each other but we're still so close.  I miss her every day tho.  She's visiting in September when she moves to Texas.  I'm so excited.  I <3 her="her">

O:  Outdoors -- Nature makes me happy.  Being outside makes me happy.  I don't care where I am, the beach, the woods, a park, as long as I'm surrounded by fresh air and nature then I'm in a happy place.

P:  Popcorn -- This is the only snack I ever need.  Yummy!  (Here's a tip:  Use the spray butter instead of melted butter.  It doesn't get soggy when you add it and it's almost calorie free)
Q:  Quiet Mornings -- 5 a.m. The world is quiet, it's just me and no one else.  It's great.

R:  Rainbows -- This one is self explanatory.

S:  Stand Up Paddleboarding & Summer -- Sorry, I couldn't decide which simple thing made me happier. 


T:  Theater -- I love the theater.  I wish I could go more often.  


U:  Unicorns -- I'm a girl MOST girls like unicorns


V:  Vacation -- A few days away from home with nothing to worry about and 24 hours of enjoying your family without any distractions.  What could be better?


W:  Water -- I couldn't live somewhere that wasn't near water.  I also drink about a gallon of the stuff a day.  I love water!


X:  Xmas -- It's a stretch but it's true.  I love Christmas and Christmas time.  


Y:  Yelling -- It's such a stress reliever.  And with 3 kids and 2 dogs, yelling is often required.

Z: Zoos -- I wish I lived closer to the Jacksonville Zoo.  I love to go and watch all the animals.  Plus, with all that walking it's great exercise for the family
  

No comments:

Post a Comment