Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Brazilian Carrot Cake

I wish I could be like one of these great fitness bloggers who's thoughts seem to transition smoothly from one to the next.  Mine seem to jump around.  But, I'm working on it.  I feel like I'm getting better about it.

You want to know what else is getting better?  My beach workout.  If I get to go to the beach tomorrow then I will have it finished and perfected!!!  This is seriously is a big thing for me.  My first workout published on my blog.  It makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere.

You know what you'll be able tyo use my workout for?  Burning off the AWESOME Brazilian Carrot Cake that I'm giving you the recipe for.  I saw this recipe on The Chew when Johnny Iuzzini was on.  You can get the original recipe here. I only made a simple change to make it fat free.  


Brazilian Carrot Cake


1 Lb  4 oz. carrots
1 cup egg substitute
8 oz applesauce
16 oz sugar
9 oz all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt  
  
Chocolate Frosting: 
3.5 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 Cup milk
2 Teaspoon honey

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 and spray and flour a 9x13 inch pan
  2. Peel and rough chop carrots
  3. Place all wet ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
  4. Mix in dry ingredients
  5. Pour in pan and bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
For the frosting:
  1.  Place all ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.  Pour it on the cake while it's warm

It's really good.  It's not your typical carrot cake though.  For starters, it's BRIGHT ORANGE.  Secondly, it's got a typical cake consistency instead of the typical carrot cake consistency (i.e. no chunks of carrots)  Lastly, it's not as sweet as the typical carrot cake and it has a more distinct carrot taste.  
 
The girls liked it though.  I was going to do a fat free cream cheese frosting but I found out that I didn't have enough space in the fridge so I used the chocolate frosting for it.

What's your favorite dessert to work off?


OH YEAH!!  
Don't forget to friend me on Facebook KT Raymond 
And follow me on Twitter @FatFreeQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment