Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So UN-Stuffed!

I've been bad about keeping a well stocked fridge since we've gotten back from vacation. I also don't have my meal plan done for this week.  So dinner is "whatever we have in the house."  

Tonite's dinner was supposed to be tuna stuffed peppers.  The peppers the girls picked out were very oddly shaped.  So I couldn't use them to put the stuffing into.  So instead I made Tuna UN-Stuffed Peppers.  I adapted this from the Starkist website

Tuna UN-Stuffed Peppers  
3 cans Tuna in Water, drained
1 bell pepper
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/4 cup orzo (you can also use brown rice)
1 cup mozzarella


  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Dice the green pepper and onions
  3. Spray large skillet with pan spray.  Heat over medium heat.  
  4. Add onions and peppers and cook until soft.  If they start to stick then add some water to the pan and let it cook until the water is gone.
  5. Mix in orzo and tuna.
  6. Spray an 8x8 baking dish.  Put tuna mixture in baking dish.
  7. Bake for 15 minutes
  8. Add the cheese and bake an extra 5 minutes until the cheese melts
Sauteeing the vegetables

Into the baking dish

Finished!  Ooey, gooey yumminess!!
I only put cheese on half since I didn't have any fat free cheese in the fridge.

Prompt for the day:

How do you cope when nervous?

Honestly?  I bake or I exercise.  If I start nervous baking then we'll have 3-4 different goodies in the house.  The girls honestly love when I'm nervous because they know they'll get a variety of different desserts that we don't normally keep in the house.  
If I start exercising when I'm nervous the sky's the limit for my calorie burning.  I'll swim 90 minutes of laps, walk for 2 hours, run the stairs in my house until my legs are rubber, anything I can do to get my mind off of whatever I'm thinking about.

How do you cope with being nervous?  How well stocked is your fridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment