Friday, June 1, 2012

Farmers Market Friday

Since the rain caused me to cancel my trip to the farmers market, I bring you the Farmers Market Friday post that should have been up LAST week.  








Small trip today.  I didn't just buy 1 of everything.  I just photographed it this way to save time.  I also bought 2 watermelons and some oranges.


The corn and potatoes are going to be used for our clam bake on Monday.  The bananas, mushroom and onions are staples in this house and I love kiwi and Mr. Amazing is addicted to peaches.




So I've decided to try a blog challenge.  I've been wanting to do one for a while.  I finally found one done by NaBloPoMo.  It stands for National Blog Posting Month.  It's a blogging challenge where the topic changes every month.  The theme for this month is JUMP.


The prompt for today is "What is the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word jump?"


Honestly, 2 things pop into my head.  Baye is the first one.  You forget how much energy a 3 year old has.  She can jump for hours on end, I swear.
The second thing that I think about is jumping rope.  Did you know that jumping rope burns about 75 calories per 10 minutes?  That about 450 calories per hour!  I honestly can't imagine jumping rope for an hour but, I know after 10 minutes I feel like I've gotten a good burn.  It's a great way to get in touch with your inner child.  It's also a great workout to do WITH your child.  I know my kids and I will go back and forth seeing who can jump rope longer.


How do you get in touch with your inner child?

No comments:

Post a Comment