Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mental Fitness

After 2 days of walking on the beach at sunrise by mental clarity has been greatly helped.  My physical fitness has been helped also though.  I walked 3 miles and did 12 minutes of stairs.  On the downside I've been overloading on the desserts.  

Today's dessert was actually quite diet friendly.  It was banana soft serve.  I was inspired by the Yonana machine.  


If you've never heard of the Yonana machine it's an ice cream maker that you put frozen bananas into and it turns them into soft serve.  You can also add other mix-ins so it's not just plain banana soft serve.

Banana Soft Serve
5 bananas
1 T peanut butter (optional)
2 T milk

  1. Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Place the banana puree in an ice cream maker and freeze.  (I ran my ice cream maker for about 25 minutes)
No ice cream maker?  No problem!
Use your food processor instead of blender.  Freeze the bananas for a few hours before pureeing and leave out the milk.  Process until smooth.

Sorry I didn't get a picture.  Honestly it's not a very photogenic dessert.  BUT, it is delicious.  Low in calories and loaded with vitamins and minerals.

Kay finished hers in record time.

Would you spend money on the Yonana machine or does the ice cream maker/food processor way work perfectly fine for you?  I know it does for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment