Monday, June 11, 2012

Super Grouper!!

Being stuck in a hotel leads you to do unexpected things.  I actually slept in until 6:30.  This is odd for me because I always wake up at 5:30.  Since we were stuck in a room together I set my alarm for 6 so it would give the kids an extra 30 minutes.  But, I turned it off and went back to bed!  After that I've been holing myself up in the bathroom so I can write and use my computer without bothering anyone until the kids wake up.  Breakfast was toast with butter and jelly and my leftover parfait from last nite.

Have I shown you a picture of the breakfast area?  If not here it is.  A waffle iron and waffle mix (that tasted kinda funny), toast, orange juice, milk and coffee.  

We took the kids to Fort de Soto park today.  I have 1 word to describe it.  Gorgeous!  I have fallen in love with the Gulf side of Florida.  The waters are crystal clear, really warm and the sand it actually white.  We spent about 3 hours at the beach.  The kids had a blast jumping in the waves and playing in the sand.

I know I've already talked about this in a previous post but, a day at the beach can burn major calories.  Here's a couple links to the calorie counts of various activities.

Experfectionist
Daily Spark

I'm hoping I did enough o balance out my eating.  For dinner we went to Frenchy's in Clearwater. 

I wanted to treat myself so I got the Super Grouper sandwich.  Grilled fish on an onion bun topped with tartar sauce.  When we get home I'm going to recreate this.  Make it a tad bit healthier and hopefully just as tasty.

After dinner we went and wandered around Pier 60 and watched all the various street performers and looked at all the crafts they had for sale.  I love my family.  They are truly what makes me jump for joy.  

The photo challenge today was EARTH.  When you watch the sunset you remember how fast the Earth actually is moving.


What makes you jump for joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment