Saturday, June 2, 2012

National Donut Day

Happy day after National Donut Day!  In honor of donut day I went with Baye and Mr. Amazing to Dunkin Donuts.  If you bought a beverage then you got a free donut.  I was excited because I have been promising myself that when I reached my goal weight then I would treat myself to Starbucks.


Oh yeah, did I mention I reached my goal weight on Wednesday?


I realized 2 things on Wednesday.


  1. My goal weight isn't a good weight on me.  I look best between 116-118.  
  2. My waist measurement can't be any lower than 27.  When I reached my goal weight my waist was 27 inches.  My original goal measurement was 26.5.  I would have to be another few pounds lighter and I would look anorexic.

The reaching of my goal weight does NOT mean that I am going to stop blogging!  It just means I'm going to stop weighing in every week unless I have a really bad week.


But in honor of National Donut Day (and the fact Kay and Mo didn't get donuts) I made donuts in my Sunbeam Doughnut Maker.  I love that thing!  Mr. Amazing gave it to me for Christmas in 2010.  I didn't want to goto a lot of work so I just used boxed cake mix.


Aren't they (kinda) pretty?
Homemade Simple Donuts


1 box cake mix (any flavor)
Substitute applesauce for the oil 
Substitute egg beaters for the eggs



  1. Heat doughnut maker.
  2. Mix all the ingredients together
  3. Put batter into a piping bag
  4. Fill slots and cook for 6-7 minutes.
You can decorate them however you'd like.  I used a powdered sugar glaze (1/4 cup powdered sugar, and a few tablespoons milk) and sprinkles.  I added some strawberry extract to some of the glaze but, it gave it a mediciney taste.  I possibly put to much.


Gone in under a day


I'm going to try some other cake and icing combinations.  Maybe use regular frosting or a nice ganache.


What flavor combinations would you try?

No comments:

Post a Comment