Sunday, June 24, 2012

Did you know I can kick my own butt?

It was supposed to rain this morning so I didn't want to get stuck in the rain like I did the other morning on my walk.  I decided to stay close to home (on the beach of course.)  So, I did what I am going to call the Kick My Butt Beach Workout.  


Kick my Butt Beach Workout
5 incline pushups 
Directions:  Use the beach stairs and put your hands up 2 or 3 steps and do pushups.  Then reverse and put your feet up 2 or 3 stairs and do 5 more

5 sprints 
Directions:  Sprint from the stairs to the waves and back (I got lucky unlucky and it was low tide so I had farther to run)
5 box shuffles 
Directions:  Pick 2 points and side shuffle down and back.  Each down and back counts as 1 rep
5 forward backward jumps 
Directions:  Draw a line in the sand.  Jump forward over it then jump backwards over it.  

25 crunches

25 reverse crunches
Directions:  Get in crunch position.  Lift legs at a 90 degree angle.  Lift your butt up and bring your knees towards your nose. 

30 second plank

I did this for about 30 minutes.  I honestly don't know how many sets I did.  I'm guessing around 5 or so.  At the end of my workout I did 25 mountain climbers, a 30 second V-sit and 10 minutes of stairs.  I was dying at the end.  

Do you have a kick butt workout that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment