Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Me + 5 Kids = An Amazing Time

Today turned out to be a good great day.  

It started out shaky but turned out really well.  I woke up with a horribly upset stomach.  I pushed past it and took Baye to the pool but, that was rained out 20 minutes after we got there.  

After we got home things started to start getting better.  The sun came out about 10 minutes after we got home.  Don't you hate when that happens??  

I opened up a letter from Daytona State College and it was letting me know that my financial aid had been accepted!  So now, I'm going to be able to go back to school.  This is something that I've been wanting to do for a while.  I figured out about a year ago that I want to become a Registered Dietitian (even though I like the term nutritionist better.)

I've been making meal plans for my friends since the beginning of the year and I want to (legally) be able to help more people just like my friends.  Now I just need to find the money to take the certification course to become a personal trainer.  I want to be a double threat and it just isn't in the budget right now.  I also like the idea of being able to work from home.

ANYWAY, back to why today was so great...
Underwater shot of Kay and Mo

The girls had a half day because tomorrow is the last day of school.  When they got home I took them and 2 of their closest friends to the pool for about 3 hours.  I actually had a blast with them.  Normally I get horribly bored when I take them to the pool.  They go off and play and I'm stuck all by myself.  Today was totally different though.  After I got about 30 minutes of laps in they actually interacted with me.  We played monkey in the middle, we joked, we laughed, we chased each other we just goofed off and had a blast.  

I couldn't figure out how to log my workout since online systems don't have "goofing off in the pool" as an option, so I just logged it as "water aerobics."  It told me I burned 320 calories in 1 hour and 45 minutes.  Plus I burned another 250  doing my laps!

I LOVE SUMMER!!!

How do you burn calories during the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment